Monday, August 25, 2008

Climb, Climb up Media Mountain

Luckily, our world can now return back to normal…the Olympics are over! Now, to be honest, I was kind of over the Olympics on day 3. Ashley on the other hand loves the Olympics…and I mean: L.O.V.E.-spelled-out-in-sign-language-because-you-cannot-speak-during
-the-olympics
, love’s the Olympics. Now I must admit, I don’t miss the games. I think what really threw me off were the horrible ribbon-dancer competition…and the even more horrible news anchor that interviewed all the winners throughout the games. Now, my beef with this lady isn’t anything huge, except for the fact that she was the worst interviewer I have ever seen. How awkward could you make these two weeks? Now, I do have some evidence to back that statement up. After Michael Phelps won one of his eight gold medals, he walked over to this lady and she asked, “How do you think you did out there?” Sure, a valid question, but really lady! He just won the gold medal…how do YOU think he did?
I am also going to be giving Michael Phelps a run for his money. Ashley and I just got a two-week pass to a health club down the road. They have an Olympic size swimming pool. I will be posting my 50-meter swim time as soon as we get that figured out. Regardless…Peace out, Beijing!
So, this morning the contenders of “Dancing with the Stars” were announced. I have never been a huge fan of this show, and this year’s line-up will in no way change my opinion! First of all, it’s not the fact that I don’t really care about the folks on the show, but the fact that this is the largest group of contenders ever on “Dancing with the Stars”…as if they don’t draw the show out long enough, they added more dancers, and even made the season premiere a 3-hour show. What the heck can possibly go on in those three hours? Can’t they skip the commentary, background stories and lame interviews and just dance for 45 minutes and call it a night. I mean, that would totally open up a slot for episodes of Cavemen…if that was the case I would be locked in on ABC all night. But who am I?
Anyways, I am really excited for this new season on Television. I am almost caught up on the Office…I have watched 3 of the 4 seasons! Love it. I might be giving up on Grey’s Anatomy. I think this past season was a bit of a stretch…we’ll see how long it goes!
Wipeout! Does it get any better than this? I mean, the first 35 minutes of this show make me LOL, every time! I am still trying to figure out a way to get on this show, I think I could do pretty well! But until I get to jump across the “Big Balls” I will be content with living vicariously through these folks.
Those are really the only shows on my lineup. I do have a life, you know? But hey…sometimes it’s nice to just veg-out. I am also learning guitar…first lesson is Wednesday night! I’m sure we’ll have plenty of updates on that one.
Until then, once again, you may now return to the edge of your seats because that’s all I got for now!
-Scott

5 comments:

phil said...

mom and I are with Ashley, we love the Olympics...but NOT the ribbon dancing. That is Not an Olympic Sport. If that is an Olympic sport than squirting whipped cream down someone's pants, like I did to you when you were a kid, would be an Olympic sport...and if it does become one you and me can be a team.

Anonymous said...

guitar....cool. have fun strummin that thing!
-Ryan

Anonymous said...

Swimming, guitar...who are you really? And where did you get a guitar? Your blog made me laugh. I can picture you sitting in front of the tv doing sign language! I didn't care for the interviewer who talked and talked about the diving. She annoyed me.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update....glad to know stuff is happening in Plano, TX. LOL...guess now that the olympics are over you can communicate again with Ashley. She is her fathers daughter.

Anonymous said...

I live in Plano, TX, and didn't know you were taking Guitar! I guess I'm the last to know anything anymore! Seriously, I'm so excited to hear that! Didn't know you had a musical bone in your body!!!!!

LOL-
Shari