Friday, July 24, 2009

Scott Stevenson became a Reverend!?!?!?

That’s right folks, my hubby got ordained. June 12, 2009. We were so blessed to have some of our family come out and support our commissioning into ministry. It turned out that Scott was the only ordainee/ordinan (?) in the Texas/ Louisiana district this year...which made for a very special, intimate service directed just to us. Joann Lyon's was the speaker and left us with heartfelt insight. I admire her authenticity. Ryan (Scott's brother) read scripture, Dad Stevenson prayed over us and then Dad Higley (my dad) closed in prayer...having both of our fathers pray over our ministry was such an honor, we are so blessed. Mom Stevenson, my brother Mikey and Lindquist's greeted us with big hugs after the service.

Another fun lil’ ditty…In addition to Scott getting ordained, he was also nominated and voted in as District Youth President. Yep, Scott the DYP. A new role, new responsibility, new adventure and a new challenge…Here we go!

I cannot tell you how proud I am of my husband and what an honor it is to serve alongside him. In the 2 years of ministry I've seen God use him, mold him, teach him and grow him... my heart is changed and humbled because of it. We are young, we have LOTS to learn, but being in the center of God's will for our lives...there is no greater peace!

2 comments:

Estee Renee said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting!

Mike and Robin Higley said...

I know how special this is for both of you. Enjoy your ministry together. It is and always will be a bleesing and honor to serve God! Ilove you both and I am soproud of you.